Sixty board games enter, but only five are considered smarty pants enough for Mensa.
- 325 judges looked at 60 games, chose five to be Mensa Select games for 2015.
- Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Dragonwood, Lanterns, Letter Tycoon, and Trekking the National Parks are all winners.
Braniacs, pay attention. Mensa has selected five board games to receive its coveted Mensa Select label in 2015. Sixty games entered the competition, which took place over 44 hours (so much gaming!), but only five met the strict criteria: original, challenging, and well designed.
Previous winners include The Duke, Forbidden Desert, and Suburbia. Mensa isn’t jumping into the rising trend in board games. In fact, Mensa Select has been in operation for 25 years, choosing great games long before it was cool to choose great games. Because, well, nerds are always the first to know what everyone should be paying attention to.
This year’s Mensa Select winners:
- Castles of Mad King Ludwig by Bezier Games
- Dragonwood by Gamewright
- Lanterns: The Harvest Festival by Renegade Game Studios and Foxtrot Games
- Letter Tycoon by Ad Magic/Breaking Games
- Trekking the National Parks by Bink Ink